Materials: Scraps of yellow and orange yarn, the thickness of the yarn is unimportant but choose a hook that is a size smaller than you would usually use so that you get a stiff fabric.. I have used dk and a 3.0mm
1. ch 8, turn, 1dc in second ch from the hook then htr, tr, hdtr, tr, htr, ss in last ch. one petal complete.
2. Repeat number one 5 more times to give 6 petals in total.
3. Sew the petals into a circle and weave in the ends.
1. make a magic ring, 1ch ( does not count as a stitch) then 6 dc in the ring join with a ss to the first dc
2.1ch ( does not count as a stitch), 1dc into same place as ch. 2dc in next st, (1dc in next stitch 2dc in next stitch ) repeat this once more so that there are 9 stitches. ss into first dc.
3. 1dc into each stitch all around cut yarn and needle join to the first dc (this gives a neat edge)
By turning the completed trumpet inside out you get a different shape this is shown in the picture below.
Sew the trumpet to the petals to complete the flower.
If there is anything that is not clear then please let me know.